See below for answers for most frequently asked questions about our products and their certifications.
The certification that Living Green has gained is called the United States Natural Products Association certification. Why is this so difficult to achieve? The USNPA is the oldest and most well-respected certifier of products that use natural ingredients. The NPA only allow a very narrow selection of the ingredients and processing methods to be used in the development of product recipes and formulations. Put quite simply, they do not allow the use of less natural ingredients that of some of our competitors use. Our mission is to create the most natural products and so we wouldn’t compromise even though the ingredients we have to use can be far more expensive than the less natural ones. Gaining the USNPA means so much to achieve this, that’s why its stamped on every bottle. That’s how we work!
"The Essence of the NPA Natural Standard for Home Care Products
The NPA Natural Standard for Home Care Products is based on natural ingredients, safety, responsibility and sustainability.
- Natural Ingredients: A product labelled “natural” should be made up of only, or at least almost only, natural ingredients and be manufactured with appropriate processes.
- Safety: A product labelled “natural” should avoid any ingredient that has peer-reviewed, scientific research showing human health or environmental risk.
- Responsibility: A product labelled “natural” should use no animal testing in its development except where required by law.
- Sustainability: A product labelled “natural” should use biodegradable ingredients and the most environmentally sensitive packaging.
The Natural Certification Program and Seal of Approval
Under this program, products must follow strict guidelines set out by NPA to merit the seal. The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- product must be made up of at least 95% truly natural ingredients or ingredients that are derived from natural sources, excluding water
- No ingredients with any suspected human health risks
- No processes that significantly or adversely alter the natural ingredients
- Ingredients that come from a purposeful, natural source (flora, fauna, mineral)
- Processes that are minimal and don’t use synthetic/harsh chemicals
- Non-natural ingredients only when no viable natural alternative ingredient are available and only when there are absolutely no suspected potential human health risks"
The ingredients are detailed on the packaging of each of our products. We are different to any other company in NZ as we use Certified Natural ingredients in our products for you, your family and the environment.
We had independent testing completed by industry specialist whose job it is to do this for a living. We tested a selection of our products against some leading competitors and can proudly say that we did a fine job. We know that you can take our word for it, but ultimately you must try them yourself. We invite you to do just that.
The Living Green Products are locally manufactured in our ISO and GMP accredited factory in Auckland, New Zealand with the exception of dishwashing tablets which are manufactured to our unique USNPA approved formula in Europe.
There are specially designed perforation lines on the back of our bottles. Simply run your thumb or finger under the perforation and peel the sleeve off the recycled plastic bottle. Place the sleeve in your landfill bin and the bottle in your recycling bin.
Refills are coming soon! Due to the high demand for the Living Green range, we have had to fulfill those requirements and then we will get the team onto the task of creating our refiller options.
1. Living Green may verify the validity of your claim. Living Green shall be entitled to reject any claim and prohibit anyone from participating in the Offer if Living Green deems there is an abuse of the Offer, fraud in the claim or an intent to jeopardize the fair operation of the offer.
2. The participation of the "if your not happy with this product we will exchange or refund your money' offer (“Offer”) is open only to buyers of Living Green branded products who are 18 years or over (“You”).
3. By participating in the Offer, you accept these terms and conditions.
4. The Offer applies only to Living Green retail sized products and not to bulk products.
5. The Offer applies only in New Zealand, to products which are purchased from retailers where Living Green products are sold.
6. For New Zealand residents call our customer services team (NZ 09 570 0594) who will process your claim.
7. Your claim must be submitted via our customer services team and not via any retailer or in store. You must provide the requested information and send your original copy of the purchase receipt with the claimed item circled to: Living Green NZ Ltd Ref: Money Back Guarantee, PO BOX 18277, Glen Innes, Auckland, 1743. Your purchase receipt must be clearly legible and specify the store of purchase. Failure to provide the requested information and to send the original copy of the purchase receipt (which must be clearly legible and specifies the store of purchase) will result in the invalidation of your claim.
8. You are responsible for paying for the costs associated with participating in the Offer. The original copy of the receipt will not be returned.
9. Any claim received by Living Green that are over 7 days following the date of the purchase receipt will not be processed.
10. One refund of one product only per household at any one time.
11. The refund will be the lesser of the purchase price of the claimed product as specified on the purchase receipt or the recommended retail price.
12. Refunds will be made by direct deposit into your personal bank account no later than 14 days after your claim has been approved.
13. Offer. Living Green's decision shall be final.
14. Living Green shall be entitled to change these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, modifies or excludes any applicable statutory consumer rights.
16. Living Green NZ Company Limited (company number 5503642) of 5 Hotunui Drive, Mt Wellington, Auckland, New Zealand is the promoter of the Offer.