See below for answers for most frequently asked questions about our products and their certifications.
What does certified natural mean?
The certification that Living Green has gained is called the United States Natural Products Association certification. Why is this so difficult to achieve? The USNPA is the oldest and most well-respected certifier of products that use natural ingredients. The NPA only allow a very narrow selection of the ingredients and processing methods to be used in the development of product recipes and formulations. Put quite simply, they do not allow the use of less natural ingredients that of some of our competitors use. Our mission is to create the most natural products and so we wouldn’t compromise even though the ingredients we have to use can be far more expensive than the less natural ones. Gaining the USNPA means so much to achieve this, that’s why its stamped on every bottle. That’s how we work!
"The Essence of the NPA Natural Standard for Home Care Products
The NPA Natural Standard for Home Care Products is based on natural ingredients, safety, responsibility and sustainability.
- Natural Ingredients: A product labelled “natural” should be made up of only, or at least almost only, natural ingredients and be manufactured with appropriate processes.
- Safety: A product labelled “natural” should avoid any ingredient that has peer-reviewed, scientific research showing human health or environmental risk.
- Responsibility: A product labelled “natural” should use no animal testing in its development except where required by law.
- Sustainability: A product labelled “natural” should use biodegradable ingredients and the most environmentally sensitive packaging.
The Natural Certification Program and Seal of Approval
Under this program, products must follow strict guidelines set out by NPA to merit the seal. The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- product must be made up of at least 95% truly natural ingredients or ingredients that are derived from natural sources, excluding water
- No ingredients with any suspected human health risks
- No processes that significantly or adversely alter the natural ingredients
- Ingredients that come from a purposeful, natural source (flora, fauna, mineral)
- Processes that are minimal and don’t use synthetic/harsh chemicals
- Non-natural ingredients only when no viable natural alternative ingredient are available and only when there are absolutely no suspected potential human health risks"
Where do i find the ingredients the products?
- The ingredients are detailed on the packaging of each of our products. We are different to any other company in NZ as we use Certified Natural ingredients in our products for you, your family and the environment.
Do living green products really work?
- Rather than simply take our word for it, we got independent testing completed by industry specialist who’s job it is to do this for a living. We tested our products against other products on the market and can proudly say that ours worked wonders. We know that you can take our word for it, but ultimately you must try them yourself. We invite you to do just that. We trust that you will find them to your liking and satisfaction.
How do i recycle my products?
- There are specially designed perforation lines on the back of our bottles. Simply run your thumb or finger under the perforation and peel the sleeve off the recycled plastic bottle. Place the sleeve in your landfill bin and the bottle in your recycling bin.
+64 9 570 0594
5 Hotunui Drive, Mt Wellington, Auckland, NZ